The attractive look is complete, when is all is taken care of from head to toe. While the dress and the cosmetics are in place, one needs to look at ways in which the hair can be styled fashionably and in a trendy way. One option is that of highlighting the hair. And if the salon charges are too heavy on the wallet then one can always opt for at home highlighting kits. And it is not all that difficult to highlight medium length hair.
There are ready to use highlighting medium length hair kits. And with a little help from someone at home, one can get the perfect salon finish. However, while doing so at home, one needs to also be aware of after-highlighting maintenance and care methods. This information is generally published in various magazines and newspapers in sections meant for women and fashion tips.
Here is a step-by-step process of highlighting hair at home:
- First one needs to get a highlighting kit that consists of the highlighting cap, or comb, along with the brush. If the kit contains the cap then there is also a hook, which is used to pull out strands.
- When picking up the kit one has to decide the color. Remember it should not be a flashy color and should go well with the skin tone, so that it does not look too loud. One should also select a brand that is recommended and used by experts in their salons.
- When highlighting, the hair has to be completely dry.
- Ideally, highlight the hair in the bathroom, or if in the room then cover the floor where you will be seated with a couple of sheets of newspaper.
- If using a cap then use the hook carefully ensuring the hair does not break.
- Mix the color with the coloring agents in the prescribed proportion.
- Start coloring the portions that have to be highlighted.
- Wait for about half an hour before washing.
- Wash with moisture rich shampoo and conditioner. There are also color enhancing and color protecting shampoos and conditioners.
- Dry and style the hair as desired.